Biscottis are perfect make-ahead Christmas treats. Make a large batch for a festive tea or coffee-time accompaniment over the holiday season. Check out my Christmas specials feature on Parent Circle.com https://www.parentcircle.com/article/supereasy-christmas-dessert-recipes/
All-purpose flour- 2½ cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Unsalted Butter- 6 tbsp
Dried Cranberries – 1 cup
Chopped Pistachios – 1 cup
Tutti-Frutti – 1 cup
Whole Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
Zest of one orange
Baking Powder – 1 ½ tsp
Salt – a pinch
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a large baking tray.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat again.
- Mix in orange zest, vanilla, and fennel seeds.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Throw in the cranberries, pistachio and tutti-frutti and mix well.
- Transfer the sticky dough to a well-floured work surface.
- Gather it together and form two logs and place them on the tray next to each other keeping enough space to let them flatten out while baking
- Bake them for 30 minutes. Let them cool for around 8-10 minutes.
- Now take a sharp knife and cut diagonally into ½ inch slices and re-bake them for 15 minutes.
- Place the biscottis on a cooling rack. Store in airtight containers.