It was my workplace’s third anniversary on June 1st. And like most people around the world we are working from home and decided to celebrate over a Zoom video call. I wanted to bake a cake and cut with the team to celebrate this special day. Since we would end up eating the cake at home, I decided to stick to a healthy recipe. This Finger Millet (Ragi) cake is made of ingredients such as Wheat flour, Jaggery and Ghee which are all good for you. The chocolate flavour stands out and is a very satisfying dessert for tea-time.
1 cup Ragi Flour
1/4th cup Wheat Flour
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
1/4th cup ghee
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/4th tsp Baking Soda
– Melt the jaggery with 1/2 cup of water. Strain. Cool completely.
– Beat the egg and cooled jaggery mixture
– Add ghee and the vanilla essence and further whisk till combined.
– Sieve in all the dry ingredients. Ragi and Wheat flour, Cocoa,Instant Coffee Powder,Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
– Cut and fold into till combined.
– Pour this into a lined and greased cake tin. bake at 180 degrees C for 45 mins. Cool on a wire rack completely before slicing it.